Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

We had a busy day yesterday, so I'm posting a day late for Mother's Day.

Motherhood is the most incredible thing about my life. It is something that no one can describe and you don't understand it until you become a mother. It makes me smile, brings me joy that nothing else can bring, keeps me busy, makes me tired. It makes me feel very important, knowing that my children need me to help them, guide them, teach them, discipline them and love them every single day. My love for my children is different than my love for my husband, but each has an indescribable place in my heart.

I feel so blessed to be a mother. Men will never know what it is like to have another human being living inside your body. And the incredible, empowering experience of birthing a child. We connect to other women through this common thread. My heart aches for the women in my life who want so desperately to become a mother, but cannot. I see God's gift to me everyday in my children. They are the greatest gift I could ever ask for. I only hope that I bring them as much joy as they give to me. Even when I'm tired, even when they are disobedient, even when I wish I could just have some precious time to myself. I know I will desperately miss this busy time. The time when they are little. Sweet little faces that only want their mommy when they need comfort.

I wish you all a very blessed Mother's Day. We are all indeed very blessed.

No comments: