Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Melanie Hayden Zeller

God's precious creation. That is what I was honored to be a part of early Sunday morning. I had the privilege to witness and photograph the birth of a sweet baby girl named Melanie. Her parents, John and Joy, are very special people and I know I will feel a deep connection to them for some time. There is something unexplainable about being invited to take part in someone else's delivery and birth. It's a trust and closeness that doesn't happen with very many things in life.

Joy went into labor late Saturday night ~ labored a little, slept a little, and labored some more. After a valiant effort by her Mommy (and Daddy!), little Melanie began her new life in this world at 7:24am on August 12, 2007. Her Mommy worked so hard and was such a trooper.

John and Joy hadn't quite decided on a name for their baby which they knew was a girl. They wanted to see her and then decide. Little Melanie takes the name of her Aunt Melanie, who was Joy's sister. Melanie and her two brothers were lost in an accident before Joy was born. What a tribute to someone whom Joy never even met. Her grandfather must be overjoyed and touched and looking forward to making new memories of his new little Melanie.

Thanks for changing all of our lives, little one.

See their slideshow here!

































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcia,
I am Debbie Zeller, mother of John and the proud grandma of Melanie. Joy and John I love you both so much and that love is now extended to Melanie.She is a gift from God, so precious and beautiful. Thank you Marcia for the wonderful pictures.I live 1800 miles away and could not be there, but with these photographs I am able to feel like I was a part of it. You have really captured the feelings and emotions of this most joyous moment. Thank you again. Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hello Marcia,
I to live 1800 miles away from Joy and John and now Melanie and could not hardly wait to see these pictures. I grew up with Joy and have known John for over 10 years. This is so exciting! The pictures are just absolutely beautiful and meant so much to me. Thanks.
Jenn

Marcia said...

Thanks so much, Debbie and Jenn. Sharing beautiful moments with others is the most wonderful part of my job. I'm happy that this touched you both!
Marcia