Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My precious boys

I spent all morning in the kitchen. Ethan and I made carrot juice. He loves to make it, but we're still working on getting him to actually like drinking it. Today, he had three or four drinks before he said "no more". A few days ago, he had one drink and made a face and shook his head no. So, we're getting there.

We needed the pulp from juicing the carrots to make our sunburst burgers for tonight. So after I cleaned up the mess from the juicing project, we dove into the next mess. He just wants to help with everything. Stirring, scraping the bowl, scooping, washing. So here's a few pics of him helping me make the patties and put them on the racks to dehydrate them. You can't see it very well at all, but he actually has his own apron that my sister Shelly made for him. He'll bring it to me and say "need apron on". I think you can tell which patties I made and which ones he made while I was dashing off to get the camera.







And then there's my sweet Lucas. My heart is overjoyed with the precious little man of God he is becoming. I sent him to his room this morning for making useless noises (for the fiftieth time). A few minutes later I went in to talk to him, and he had tears in his eyes. He told me that he had already asked God to forgive him and that he told Him he was sorry. I hugged him and told him what a good boy he is and how proud we are of him.

Yesterday, we went out to lunch at a restaurant that gives out those little Wikki Stix. They are basically little strands of twine with wax on them, so you can shape them into fun things. He asked me what he should make, and since I wasn't feeling very creative, I just said "I don't know" and really didn't pay that much attention to what he was doing (I had my hands full putting out fires with Ethan's messes). A few minutes later, Lucas held up his little creation and said "Look, Mom - It's Jesus on the cross!". My heart melted. Lucas is beginning to have our Saviour on his mind throughout the day, and it is a wonderful thing to behold. I love my boys dearly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, my dear, for all that you do with our boys while I am away at the office. They are getting such a rich foundation from you that will serve them well in the years to come. You are a blessing to our little family.

I love you dearly!