Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Oh, where has this year gone? I can't believe my little boy is one today! It seems like just yesterday that I was delivering him here in our home, in a tub in our bedroom. What an incredible birth experience that was. We are convinced that his mellow personality is a direct result of his gentle water birth.

I squeezed him a lot today. Squeezed and kissed. He's so kissable, but today he was especially kissable. I asked God to help me remember today - holding him, hugging him, kissing him on his first birthday. It's days like these that I want to remember forever.

And with a cutie like this, who wouldn't want to remember it forever?!

Checking out his new puzzle from Gram.



We went to dinner to celebrate, and oh did he love riding in his car seat facing forward!


We are doing his official party with a cake on Saturday, but we just had to have a candle for him and sing Happy Birthday. So we used a fig newton, or "Snoot" as our family has grown to call them.



That's Daddy moving in to blow out the candle before he grabbed it!



He downed that cookie in nothin' flat. Nothing left but the liquid snoot dripping from his fingers!



Happy Birthday, sweet sweet! We love you so much, little man!

No comments: