Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby Stone

I can't say how excited I've been for the last few weeks. So excited to be photographing my first home birth. So excited to be working with my dearest friend and midwife, Julianne Guy. So excited to have the opportunity to capture the most precious memories for Erika and John.

I fell in love with Erika the moment I met her. It just seemed so right from the beginning. It is such an honor and privilege to be involved in someone else's birth experience. I know how it is to allow someone else to share in those moments - I've been there. I can't say how thankful I am for the opportunity and for the trust that they placed in me. Thank you both so much for allowing me to share in this amazing time.

This may be the longest blog post ever. But I just couldn't cut it down any more than this. And I'll let the photos speak for themselves, because inside this beautiful home, something special was about to happen...











































4 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful sweetheart! What an amazing event in this dear couple's lives you have preserved for them so preciously. I am so proud of the person that you are and how that comes through time and time again in your heartfelt photography! I love you.

Kristi said...

How beautiful, Marcia!! Wishing you would be around for my birth!! Guess it's probably a bit far to travel though :) Good job...I know they'll treasure these for years to come!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

What beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. :)

Traci Myers said...

I vote for Kai #3 because he looks so cute leaning on the door and I love the use of color.